Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:05:48 -0600
From:      "Hudson, Henrik H." <hhudson@eschelon.com>
To:        'Francisco Reyes' <fran@reyes.somos.net>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Fire-wire/fiber/SCSI?

Since I sit right across from Matt I will reply for him. He is on the phone
:)

This will be transferring large files. Some ranging in the GB range for a
single file.

He (we) are trying to figure out if using a Netapp connected via:
	A) SCSI to single box is better
	B) Firewire connected to a single box or multiple will work
	C) Gigabit Eithernet to multiple boxes or single

We are not that familiar with Fireware support (if it is supported at all)
under BSD.

This should only have to sustain 3-4 connections at a time to begin with,
hopefully growing to greater. Our bandwidth is DS3 based and most people
connecting will have a T1 or better.

No, we don't have the Netapp. We are trying to set a "feasability" plan
first. NetApps aren't cheap :) Our budget is somewhat open, although not
infinite.

---
Henrik Hudson

Microsoft: "Where would you like to go to today"
Linux: "Where would you like to go tomorrow"
FreeBSD: "Hey,when are you guys going to catch up"