Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:29:32 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Sylvain=20Lemasson?= <sylvain_lemasson@yahoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-config@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   unable to ping or connect to freebsd

Hi,
  I have installed freebsd 5.2.1 and connect it to the
network using ppp. it works well. I have access to
internet but I am unable to ping the freebsd from
another computer. The network card get the ICMP
packets but it seems that they are filters whereas no
firewall like ipfw are installed. My rc.conf is
bellow. As you can see the kernel_secureLevel is
disable.

                 Thanks.

#network
hostname="AMSTERDAMER"
network_interfaces="lo0 lp0 sis0 sis1"
ifconfig_sis0="inet 192.168.10.1 netmask
255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_sis1="inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.255"
ppp_enable="YES"
ppp_mode="background"
ppp_profile="tele2"
ppp_nat="yes"