Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 01:17:53 +0100
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
Cc:        vallo@matti.ee, Ollivier Robert <roberto@eurocontrol.fr>, FreeBSD Current Users' list <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XFree86 3.9.17

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 06:05:54PM -0500, Donn Miller wrote:
> > Have you tried to install it? It does builds but barfs at some point for
> > install process. Not that I care so much about it, 3.3.6 works for my
> > G400 now, thanks god.
... what was the problem with the G400 in earlier revisions?
3.3.5 (built from the port) lives quite happily on my G400?

I'm very eager to get my hands on a XFree86 with dual-head support
and truetype-rendering, therefor my interest in the XFree86 prereleases.

> During make install, I switched compilers by setting
> PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH.
ahhh.

> The compiler I used was the development version of gcc,
> gcc-2.96-current.
Is the gcc-2.96-current in the ports collection?
Browsing through /usr/ports/lang I've detected only the older egcs-port?

-Andreas

--
Andreas Braukmann - irgendwer@internet-adresse.de
                     The computer revolution is over. The computers won.