Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 1995 20:11:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   DigiBoard

I have an old DigiBoard 8 port card, not one of the intelligent ones, and
I'm trying to see if it fits in with either the AST or Boca configs that
are illustrated in the SIO man page.  Trouble is, it really doesn't
match, exactly, so I don't know.

It does manage a status port, like the Boca, but the address is
completely moveable, and unlike the Boca, you're not supposed to colocate
it with one of the UART address.  I can turn the status port off, and I
think I want to, because the SIO man page says it's not used anyhow, but
I'm afraid if I lie to the config and tell it that the 8th port is the
status port, it'll break something.

Unlike the AST, you don't write anything to the status port, so I don't
think I can use the AST setup.

The only way the status port is used, is to indicate which UARTS need
servicing, when called thru the single (or optionally dual) irq.
You just read the bottom 3 ports, to find out which UART issued the
interrupt.

Anyone know how I oughta set this up?  Note that this board has
absolutely nothing in common with the recent DigiBoard driver, which was
for the new boards with the on-board processor.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |