Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:13:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: getsysfd() patch #1 (Re: Virtual memory question)

<<On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:21:58 -0800, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org> said:

> Meanwhile, in the real world, it is exactly what we need at work.
> Anonymous shared memory (MAP_ANON and /dev/zero) isn't good enough.

I haven't seen anyone explain or back up this assertion.  Tell me what
the semantics are that you want, or give me the Message-ID where you
posted them.  What, precisely, are you trying to accomplish?

> Actually, we dont care for the shm_open() API too much at all since it
> conflicts with our application libraries.

Too bad.  It's been in POSIX or SSWG-RT for practically as long as
your company has existed.

-GAWollman