Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 1997 11:28:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dan Jacobowitz  <drow@chwest.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw between kernel versions

I just attempted to upgrade a 2.2.2 machine to 2.2.5 kernel, and I ran
into a little problem.  As near as I have been able to tell, the ipfw
ioctl's changed between the two, causing ipfw to fail and not put in place
the allow all rules needed to counter the default policy - thus no
network.

Is my interpretation of this correct?  Should I just install 2.2.5 ipfw?
(I'm going to make installworld after I get the kernel in, but based on
past experience I want to do those two seperately.)

Will the 2.2.5 ipfw work with a 2.2.2 kernel at all?