Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:38:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Derek Flowers <djflow@portwwwbus.tc.cc.va.us>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Update utility

I have an alpha quality update utility located at
ftp://portwwwbus.tc.cc.va.us/pub/update

The shell script is named update.

The README.update file contains info on the script as well as the update
package format and steps the script will take when installing an update.

In the samples dir is the extra docs distribution in the update package
format (pre-tarred).

It is not complete as I still have to work out how some of the steps need
to be executed.  Anyone who is better at shell scripting and wants to help
out feel free to send me or the list email.

Comments are much needed and appreciated.

Derek Flowers
djflow@erols.com
http://portwwwbus.tc.cc.va.us/~djflow

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."