Date:      Wed, 4 May 2005 00:37:08 +0200
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        Marc Olzheim <marcolz@stack.nl>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: About specific pxeboot support

El Mi=E9rcoles, 4 de Mayo de 2005 00:26, Marc Olzheim escribi=F3:
> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 09:26:34PM +0200, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> > Now, remembering  a thread in -stable, and make a whish for the
> > forthcomming FreeBSD-6.
> >
> > I think that the actual release build may be easy tweak to produce
> > a populated /tftpboot directory ready for pxe tftp installs. (a
> > tftp enabled pxeboot, a mfs rootfs based con boot_crunch ...).
> >
> > If this can be put in a tarball like tftpinstall.tar.gz in the ftp
> > area, test of snapshots, betas, RCs, and so on will be done via
> > bootp/tftp boots.
>
> Erhm... All you need is to mount the iso on your tftproot dir and
> boot from it with console=3Dcomconsole...

And download the full CD and cope with some glitchs.  Loock for the=20
thread on -stable.

Right now, we do floppies, a FTP distribution and some isos.

I only pointing that make release may be tweak to produce a some megs=20
tarball that you can expand on tftpboot.

If we have the boot_crunch done and the root mfs, this additional target=20
can't be too complex.

And it's easy to test that 'go floppies'.

=2D-
  josemi