Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:46:41 +0100
From:      Lars Stokholm <lars.stokholm@gmail.com>
To:        Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.co.yu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rd.d/power_profile: dev.cpu.0.cz_supported doesn't exist

Zoran Kolic wrote:

>> I have now, still:
>> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
>> sysctl: hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: Invalid argument
>
> Would you remind me of your hardware data? What cpu,
> what mobo? It works on my 64-bit system I'm writing this
> mail.

Intel P4 3.00 GHz, MSI MS-7012. It's a Medion 8080XL computer.

I've downgraded to 6.2-RELEASE and the problem disappeared. When I
upgraded, the problem was back.

I've looked at the list of files changed since RELEASE, but I don't see
how any of the changes in sysctl.c should cause this. I know little
about the source tree, but none of the other files changed ring a bell.

And noone else seem to be having this problem. It's a little frustrating.

Could I check-out STABLE at various dates, build world and kernel,
install and boot, until I get the error? Is it possible? That way I
would at least know the date of the guilty commit.