Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 1996 22:11:43 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
To:        Bora Akyol <akyol@wireless.stanford.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Opinions?

>I agree with this, even as a single, technical user NT was not viable for me.
>I needed NFS, mail service, X windows, Tex/Latex/Xdvi.
[...]
>FreeBSD cost me nothing and came with all the stuff that I needed.

Well, *OBVIOUSLY* NT wasn't the right choice for you.  I don't know
why you even proposed it as an option.

If you specifically spec'd a Unix system, how can anything else fit
the spec.  If I specifically asked for a system that runs Windows 95
software, can be remotely administered with the same UI as the rest of
my MS BackOffice server apps, and is multi-processor and multi-
threaded, would you try to sell me FreeBSD + XFree86?  Of course not.
That would be absurd.

NetBSD served me for several years in exactly the same way you just
described for yourself, above.  But if someone came to me with the
list I just presented, I wouldn't try to get them to run NetBSD.

Of course, I'd probably work on them and try to get them to accept
that The Unix Way was better. :-)  But that would be irrespective of
what they originally asked for.

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.