Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 11:07:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
To:        ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu, seggers@semyam.dinoco.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Someone working on swapoff?

>>> As I am at it: Any hints on good books, papers, whatever about paging
>>> and swapping internals in BSD - especially FreeBSD?
>> I'd be curious about this also; the existing information that I've
>> found (in the 4.4 BSD book) is not exactly copious, and is somewhat
>> outdated.
> How about /usr/share/doc/papers/newvm.ascii.gz?

The daemon book and newvm are good for 4.4BSD, but FreeBSD uses a
different system based on the Mach paging internals.  Any papers on
Mach should suffice.

Besides that, unless John's written a paper on it and hasn't told us,
the best I can suggest there is to UTSL.  (I may be able to dig up a
small file giving an overview of the entry points to the VM system if
you need it.)

Happy hacking,
joelh

--