Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 22:40:56 -0600
From:      Chris Moline <ugly-daemon@home.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Publishers attacks on public rights.

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 08:13:55AM -0500, Mike Meyer wrote:
> Anyone following the ongoing attacks from rapacious publishers on the
> publics rights might be interested in the article by Ann Bartow at
> professor in the University of South Carolina's School of Law, and
> examines the effects of those attacks on libraries, along with
> recommendations for responses to those attacks.
I mostly just skimmed through the article but I was wondering does anyone here think that not buying books from publishers who do such things, and not using libraries, or going to universities that also do such things be an effective approach? I for one absolutely refuse to buy from any bookstore or any publisher that restricts my rights in this way. After all what do you think was one of the reasons I abandoned Microsoft??

Sincerly,
Chris Moline