Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 12:05:36 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
To:        "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>
Cc:        "Justin C.Walker" <justin@mac.com>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD TCP/IP relation to Mac OS/X?

> Did these changes make it back into FreeBSD?

I'm sure that Justin's too nice a guy to say that the above question
is just about meaningless in any real-world context, so I'll jump in
and cuff you upside the head instead. :)

What Justin's describing is truly significant set of changes here, and
even though those changes are freely available as part of the Darwin
CVS repository and have been for some time, it's the FreeBSD project
really gating whether "these changes make it back."  Justin's the wrong
guy to ask if you're sincerely interested in determining the answer to
that question.

Maybe a better preliminary question would be "has anyone discussed
bringing these changes back to FreeBSD?"  Hearing the answer to that,
which happens to be "No", you'd then quickly realize that there's at
least 90 days of discussion in-arch ahead before the second question
becomes even relevant.  If you'd like to start the clock on that, cite
the relevent bits of Justin's posting and frame a question in -arch as
to whether people would support or resist the adoption of Apple's NKE
framework and related changes.  Good luck. :)

- Jordan