Date:      Mon, 05 Oct 2009 05:51:22 +0900 (JST)
From:      Maho NAKATA <chat95@mac.com>
To:        olivier@gautherot.net
Cc:        sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu, miwi@freebsd.org, avg@icyb.net.ua, mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org, freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org, vinnix.bsd@gmail.com, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, sfourman@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: Problem building Openoffice 3.1.1 at -current

From: Olivier Gautherot <olivier@gautherot.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 22:12:10 -0500

> Hi folks!
>
> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Alexey Shuvaev <
> shuvaev@physik.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 12:15:09PM -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:
>> > On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 02:39:44PM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> >
>> > The above ln and cp were sufficient to complete my build.
>> > I haven't tested the resulting exectuables.
>> >
>> > Thanks, Andriy
>> >
>> Rrrr....
>> The openoffice guys are trying to bundle every piece of code under
>> the sun into their tarball in attempt to not depend upon system
>> libraries...
>> ... and are getting away from what they want to achieve (IMHO).
>>
>> OOO is as fragile as porcelain plate and
>> still as complex to repair as nuclear u-boot.
>>

> It sounds like OOO is designed to be compiled on a fresh system: I
> reformated a disk yesterday and the compilation of OOO just finished
> successfully. I loaded 8.0-RC1.
>
> As a matter of fact, I used the bundled modules - it takes longer but seems
> to be a bit more stable.

Hi, Olivier Gautherot

thanks for your e-mail. this is just a maintaing issue.
if you provide some human resources I'm very happy to use
python from ports tree instead.

Serious problem may be that when some cws (child work space, smallest
unit of development) wrt python is introduced, or when ports
python is updated. Then there may be a conflict, and I'd like
to ask you to fix it. Usually very easy, but sometimes very hard.

thanks,
-- Nakata Maho http://accc.riken.jp/maho/ , http://ja.openoffice.org/
   Nakata Maho's PGP public keys: http://accc.riken.jp/maho/maho.pgp.txt