Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:53:20 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
Cc:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>, bmilekic@technokratis.com, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changing the names of some M_flags

* Louis A. Mamakos <louie@TransSys.COM> [001216 11:45] wrote:

> > >	I agree. Anyone else before I re-roll? :-)
> >
> > I second Alfred's suggestion.
>
> Is this just going to make portablity between the various *BSD kernels
> more difficult for what's essentially a cosmetic change?  I'm thinking
> of things like KAME, ALTQ, etc.

I agree, however this argument keeps coming up:
  "I thought M_WAIT meant it would wait forever!"

Personally, I think developers should do a bit more research
and should have noticed all the places where M_WAIT was followed
by a check for NULL and be able to bridge the gap.

So honestly, I'm against the change, but if it has to be done
then I'd like to see the M_DONTWAIT and M_TRYWAIT.