Date:      Fri, 24 May 2002 14:04:45 +1200
From:      Richard Mahoney <rbm49@ext.canterbury.ac.nz>
To:        Subscribers to freebsd-hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Cc:        nzfug@nz.freebsd.org
Subject:   D-Link DSL-500

Dear All,

I'm considering moving from dial-up through my trusty old USR 56k
modem to ADSL.

I've been advised to use the:

 D-Link DSL-500

 http://www.dlink.co.nz/products/broadband/dsl500/

It is advertised as a:

 `Convenient, cost-saving all-in-one box: remote router + Internet
  gateway + ADSL modem'

And at this end of the world its price is relatively attractive.

Has anyone had trouble with this beast? I'm running a couple of
machines: one on 4.5-R; the other on 4.6-RC.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many regards,

 Richard Mahoney