Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 10:55:08 +0000
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Usefull script to clean /usr/ports/distfiles. Testers neded

On Mon 1999-04-26 (11:01), Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> I wrote small script to automate removing of "crap" from
> /usr/ports/distfiles directory (i.e. remove distfiles which doesn't have
> corresponding md5 entries in /usr/ports). It can be downloaded from
> http://homepages.go.com/~sobomax/distclean/distclean-0.1.tar.gz . All
> patches, ideas, comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Nice idea and work, but (as always), I have a few nits.

Your use of temporary files may be a problem - if someone went and ln -s'd
them to /etc/passwd, you'd have a slight problem.

Also, I think using perl might be a better idea - if you don't mind, I'll
convert your idea to perl and send it back to you - this way you don't have
to deal with temporary files and or spawn off find, sed, &c for various
function that are pretty much built into perl.

In any case, good work.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner