Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:17:20 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat List <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Good Pine text based replacement?

Francisco Reyes said on Jun 22, 2001 at 08:12:29:
> Found it.
> So mutt keeps its mail in /var/mail?

No, your local mail delivery agent keeps the incoming mail in
/var/mail.  Mutt has nothing to do with that.  If you want to
configure that in detail, look into procmail.

> Any good tutorials before I plunge into /usr/local/share/doc/mutt?

You could search the web: I don't know of any.

> Reading www.mutt.org makes one get the impression that just getting mutt
> to work is a project in itself. :-(

True.  At the very minimum, you should be willing to edit ASCII text
configuration files.  But it's not as bad as it looks, once you
understand the "philosophy".