Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:19:36 +0200
From:      "FreeBSD Newbie" <newbie.freebsd@zoznam.sk>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Current with SATA?

I'd like to install freebsd 4.10 on my computer and use it as a web and =
mail server. I need a stable and reliable server so i chose 4.10 and not =
the 5.2.1release. Is there a way to install the 4.10 release on a =
computer with SATA drive? I got a MSI K7N2 board and the needed driver =
is Promise Fastrak SATA 378. I'm new to FreBSD and I got only basic =
knowledge of unix. If there is a usable driver, how can i use it to =
either make a bootable instalation cd-rom or use a floppy during =
instalation to achieve that my SATA drive will be recognized by freebsd =
and I'll be able to install it on that drive?

Please help. Thanks.

xwatch