Date:      Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:49:43 +0800
From:      "Zhang Weiwu" <weiwuzhang@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help me with this sed expression

Hello. I've worked an hour to figure out a serial of sed command to process
some text (without any luck, you kown I'm kinda newbie). I really
appreciate your help.

The original text file is in this form -- for each line:
one Chinese word then one or two English word seperated by space.

I wish to change to:
1) target file: one English word, then a space, then a Chinese word
coorisponding to that English word.
2) if in the original file one Chinese word has more than one English word
following in the same line, repeat the Chinese word to satisfy 1).

Define: Chinese word = one or more continous bytes of data where each byte
is greater then 128 in value. (it is true in GB2312 Chinese charset which
this email is written in.)
Define: English word = one or more continous bytes of [a-z].

Say, for the original file:
===========
一a av
可歌可泣aaav
无可奉告aacm
===========
The target file should be:
a 一
av 一
aaav 可歌可泣
aacm 无可奉告

I tried to do things like s/\(.*\)\([a-z]*\)/\2 \1/ but the first \(.*\) is
too greedy and included the rest [a-z].

Thank you.

免费下载 MSN Explorer:   http://explorer.msn.com/lccn