Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 14:28:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   [ Global Filesystem ] a thought to mull over ...

[ I'll be gone for about 3 weeks, so I'm throwing this over my shoulder as I
go - I'll check reponses, interest level when I get back ... ]

What do folks feel about a port of Global Filesystem (see the URL
http://www.gobalfilesystem.org) to FreeBSD? I believe that despite some of the
issues that one can take up about their approach, it's the closest to a
SAN-ready solution that I've seen in the Open Source space as yet.

There's some notion that I might do a port. If others have stronger interest
and better filesystem chops than I (which wouldn't be all that hard), let me
know.

-matt