Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:26:26 -0800
From:      "Aaron Seelye" <aseelye-lists@eltopia.com>
To:        <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   shaping bittorrent?

Hello,

I'm wondering if there are any easy or at least documented ways to shape
bittorrent traffic with pf.  If not, is there any way without writing
software to do it?  I've searched the mailing list, and google, it would
seem that it's all port based, and more and more clients are using
non-standard BT ports now.  Cisco and others have methods of doing actual
packet inspection which allows you to truly shape/throttle this traffic, but
I'm wondering what the free/open community has, as I'd much prefer a bsd
solution to a cisco one.

Thank you,

Aaron Seelye