Date:      18 Jun 2003 15:00:13 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: question for gst-player users

--=-9RSmLLAzzjG/UJBSdIcl

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 14:39, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On 18 Jun 2003 14:44:41 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>=20
> wrote:
>=20
> > On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 14:27, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> >> On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:14:22 +0900, Alexander Nedotsukov <bland@mail.r=
u>=20

> >> some > one else running -current or 5.1 systems. I assume bellow your=20
> >> system was > built with /etc/make.conf contains WITH_LIBMAP=3Dyes. Can=
 you=20
> >> reproduce > following behaviour?
> >>
> >> I will test it this evening, I am rebuilding my desktop at the moment.=
=20
> >> Unless, someone beat me.
> >>
> >> Anyway, you can try to run gst-register or ggv with libthr and it will=
=20
> >> get crash, because of libgthread-2.0.so.200 (glib2). libgthread doesn'=
t=20
> >> like libthr and do like libkse/libc_r at the last time I tried/checked=
.

> > Even if you map libc_r to libthr throughout?
>=20
> What do you mean? Sorry, I don't understand..
>=20
> If I put libthr as the main and I will have to get libgnomeui-2.so.300 an=
d=20
> libgthread-2.0.so.200 point to libc_r, then the ggv and gst-register will=
=20
> not crash anymore. I have sent debug and info to the -threads list while=20
> you were on the vacation.

I don't think this is a bug.  If you're going to use a threading
implementation, you need to use it throughout.  That is, if you want to
use libthr in gst, then you need to make sure that all the other
threaded libraries also use libthr.  This behavior differs from -STABLE
in that libc_r could not be linked into shared libraries in -STABLE.  In
-CURRENT, however, libc_r can be linked right in, thus you will have
shared libs that also import libc_r symbols.

Joe

>=20
> Cheers,
> Mezz
>=20
> > Joe
> >

> >> Cheers,
> >> Mezz

> >> (ie. > from top). Is it zero?

>=20
> >> again. Is it above zero this time?

> >> if > player UI responds (ie. menu navigation). Press button again (to=20
> >> resume > video). Can you see video playing? Does UI still alive?

> >> replies > ;-)

--=20

--=-9RSmLLAzzjG/UJBSdIcl

--=-9RSmLLAzzjG/UJBSdIcl--