Date:      Wed, 14 Dec 2016 09:53:22 -0700
From:      "Janky Jay, III" <jankyj@unfs.us>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   mail/p5-Net-SMTP-SSL Deprecated Message.

--ghak0lmOOGvd4nGd7Gl9KDwuc0VXMNVEv
From: "Janky Jay, III" <jankyj@unfs.us>
To: ports@freebsd.org

--eiqRf7ormgVGWM7QUAVvpW5O8AW6Hq2vj

Hello All,

	So, mail/p5-Net-SMTP-SSL is a requirement of security/maia (a port I
maintain) and it is apparently being deprecated as of March of next
year. I see this in my nightly reports:

p5-Net-SMTP-SSL-1.04: Tag: expiration_date Value: 2017-03-31
p5-Net-SMTP-SSL-1.04: Tag: deprecated Value: Deprecated by upstream, use
Net::SMTP instead

	I'd like to get this dependency updated in the port but I don't see a
"Net::SMTP" available (at least in the ${LOCALBASE}/mail directory. I
see others such as p5-Net-SMTP-TLS and p5-Net-SMTPS and
p5-Net-SMTP_auth, etc...

	My question is, what port am I supposed to use instead of
p5-Net-SMTP-SSL? I see no configuration options for SSL in the other
ports. Just want to make sure I do this correctly. Any information will
be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Janky Jay, III