Date:      Fri,  3 Aug 2001 10:21:39 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   minipci nic on compaq 1700 running Current

This is the last thing I need to fix on my compaq presario 1700.
Sound, X everything else works great. ( The winmodem will probably
never work and I expected that.)

From pciconf I get the following information about the NIC

none2@pci0:9:0: class=0x020000 card=0x00230e11 chip=0x180314f1 rev=0x08 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Conexant Systems, Inc.'
    class    = network
    subclass = ethernet

In dmesg I get:

sn0: ioaddr is 0x300
sn0: test1 failed

I have changed irq's and mem locations in /boot/device.hints and I always
get test1 failed.

If I try to load the if_sn.ko I get:

can't load if_sn.ko: Exec format error

I have several drivers in the kernel ed, xl, sn, dc and de just in case but
it seems to want to be an sn.

Does anyone have Conexant Systems or Compaq minipci working and would you share your configuration with me or does anyone have a suggestion what to try?

Thanks very much,

ed

P.S. This is PIII 850Mh 256M 30GB compaq FreeBSD current.