Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 2014 15:15:51 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>, "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@freebsd.org>, desrt@desrt.ca
Subject:   Re: [CFR] Kevent timer improvements

--OaZoDhBhXzo6bW1J

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:04:04AM -0700, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> Adrian Chadd wrote this message on Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:47 -0700:
> > On 10 March 2014 06:16, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > > A glib developer pointed me to some of the improvements Apple has don=
e on
> > > kqueue(2), some of those improvements are used or will be used by gli=
b in the
> > > near futur, plus add new one.
> > >
> > > I decided to implement part of it and here is the first patch about i=
t:
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/kevent.diff
> >=20
> > +jmg, he's also done stuff with queue.
>=20
> and the maintainer of kqueue.. :)
>=20
> The patch looks fine, but it's missing the updates to kqueue(2) to
> describe what the new flags do...
>=20
> Also, it would be good to see updates to tools/regression/kqueue/timer.c
> to support the additional flags to make sure that they don't break in
> the future...
>=20

I have splitted my patch in multiple parts, let start with the first one:
adding NOTE_NSECONDS, NOTE_USECONDS, NOTE_NSECONDS

http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/kevent_timer.diff

if ok I'll commit that one first then finish NOTE_MONOTONIC
and in 3rd part add the regression tests.

regards,
Bapt

--OaZoDhBhXzo6bW1J

--OaZoDhBhXzo6bW1J--