Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 1995 23:12:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "George K. Scott" <georgeks@quiknet.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Info on Docs

On Fri, 31 Mar 1995, George K. Scott wrote:

> I'm looking for the O'Rieley Docs on FreeBSD.  where is the quickest way for
> my to get them???
>
> Thanks

I go to (actually call) a discount bookstore in Pennsylvania called
(appropriately enough) Readme.Doc.  Why?  Because they're the onlyplace
I've found that'll give me a discount on Unix books, which consume a
terrifying amount of my disposable income.  I think their discount
structure starts at 20 per cent off, and goes up with the volume.  They
have a 3 1/2 floppy catalog that's free, and their number is
1-800-678-1473, or 717-264-0843.  Someone asked me last time, I checked,
they do international orders if you pay with U.S. funds, and they have
always taken my plastic.

They've sold me a lot of O'Reilly books, so I know they sell them.  I
think they (like most places) specialize in DOS/Mac books, but they've
had what I wanted, so maybe I've been lucky.

7608 Topton St.             |
New Carrollton, MD 20784    | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0) and n3lxx
(301) 459-2316              | (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1) and am I happy!