Date:      Wed, 09 Feb 2000 20:01:45 -0800
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@megadeth.org>
To:        Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: mail.local

At 05:15 PM 2/9/00 -0800, Ken Bolingbroke wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Shawn Ramsey wrote:
>
> > Well that works great... except any user who has a .procmailrc file in
> > their home directory, mail isn't delivered. The sendmail log says it was,
> > but it vanishes to /dev/null. Anyone know what is up with that?
>
>Never had that problem myself.  But sendmail is saying that it's delivered
>because it gave it to procmail, and procmail told sendmail that it got it.
>So as far as sendmail is concerned, it was delivered.
>
>Now if it's going to /dev/null, it's because procmail thinks that's the
>place to send it.  Take a look at your procmail rules and see what you're
>telling procmail to do with your mail.  My global procmailrc in
>/usr/local/etc/procmailrc includes a "LOGFILE=/blah" line that logs
>everything procmail does, just in case some of my procmail recipes does
>things I didn't intend them to do...  Do something like that, and you
>should see why procmail is routing mail to /dev/null.

Well. /dev/null was just a figure, its basically just dissapearing, not
neccesarily /dev/null. :)It was happening with two user accounts. One was
mine, which I just deleted because I wasn't using it. The other, this is
being logged :

procmail: Suspicious rcfile "/disk4/home/sunrise/randy/.procmailrc"
procmail: Couldn't read "/disk4/home/sunrise/randy/.procmailrc"