Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:13:51 -0400
From:      epilogue <epilogue@allstream.net>
To:        "Paulo Fonseca Jr." <paulofonsecajr@terra.com.br>
Cc:        "freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sounds on Opera

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:37:46 -0300
"Paulo Fonseca Jr." <paulofonsecajr@terra.com.br> wrote:

> Hi Arjan,
>=20
> you're right. I removed linuxpluginwrapper and flash plugin keeps ok. But
> =20
> sounds not working on Opera yet on flash web pages as much as java =20
> applets, only images. The "Enable sound in web pages" are checked in =20
> preferences.
>=20
> what's happen with it.

hello paulo,

glad to hear that you got flash working.  sorry for pointing you toward
an obsolete version of the port (and THANKS arjan for catching that  :)

for my part, i've never bothered to get flash audio working.  sorry
that i cannot help you with that.

i am writing, however, to suggest that you take a minute to review the
purpose for each mailing list *before* using them to contact other freebsd
users with your help requests.

click on a list to see a summary page for that list)  hopefully a couple of
examples will make this clear:

A mailing list that allows you to send mail to the Webmasters, the managers
of FreeBSD Project web servers (not web servers that hosted on FreeBSD
computers).

(do you really want to mail the freebsd webmasters?)

Welcome to FreeBSD!
This list is a gathering place for people new to FreeBSD.
Please feel free to share your experiences with others on this list.
Support questions should be sent to freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.

(hmmm.  looks like they don't provide support)

anyhow.  the short story is that, for 99.87% of the questions you're likely
to have, freebsd-questions is the right place.  please don't spam the
other lists.

good luck getting your flash audio working.  i'm sure that someone will
eventually be able to help you out.

cheers,
epi

p.s. another good habit to develop is taking the time to search the
archives.  this question may already have been answered for another
user.  i am not saying that it has, but you never know until you look.   ;)
to reach the archives for any list, check out the link on its summary
page.

*** To any posters who may reply to this thread:  please exclude the other
lists going forward.  gracias.  ***