Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:10:30 +0200
From:      Lauri Watts <lauri@kde.org>
To:        kde@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Heads Up: KDE 3.3.1 delayed

--nextPart3379144.YqfCPZ5VkO

Hi all,

Due to a whole pile of extenuating circumstances [1], KDE 3.3.1 release wil=
l=20
not be available for ports in time to make the release announcement (which=
=20
was in fact just made.)

We will in the meantime probably backport a couple of the more important=20
patches back to the 3.3.0 ports, and we do expect to have 3.3.1 ready for=20
testing as soon as possible.

[1] You can read all about most of it at http://www.fruitsalad.org/dev/kf/
but to summarise, a combination of the ports freeze and the turning up of s=
ome=20
really weird bugs in 3.3.0 that gathered everyone's attention, several peop=
le=20
being ill or away from home or moving, a DOS attack on a server and=20
subsequent unavailability... it just wasn't our release.

Regards,
=2D-=20
Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org