Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:53:01 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        Charles Howse <chowse@charter.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using chpass

--z9sQuz+HmDh2hVO4

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 03:47:15PM -0500, Charles Howse wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to learn how to use chpass to change a user's name.
> I'm not getting anywhere, I've read the man page and Googled, but can't
> find an example.
>=20
> I want to change toor's name to 'Nobody Important'.
> I do:
> # chpass -a toor::0:0:Nobody Important:/root:/sbin/nologin toor
> And I get:
> Corrupted entry.
>=20
> Can someone please set me straight?

chpass -a "toor::0:0::0:0:Nobody Important:/root:/sbin/nologin" toor

Note, however, that you're setting the password for this user to a null
password, allowing any local user in wheel to "su -m toor" if you have
added /sbin/nologin to /etc/shells.

Ceri
--=20
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.
                                           -- www.chatterboxchallenge.com

--z9sQuz+HmDh2hVO4

--z9sQuz+HmDh2hVO4--