Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 01:12:14 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?B?Sm9lbCBCavZyaw==?= <u98jobj@stud.hh.se>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   easy to use editor and CVSUP

This isn't really for -questions so I'm trying it here.

I installed 3.2 RELEASE a while back since I'm going to put up a server.
Everything was just dandy and I used emacs under X as my primary editor.

It's now time to setup the server which will be managed through SSH and =
nothing else.
the install went fine and I went on to install Emacs since I'm not =
really happy about using vi.
Emacs went on to install gmake and the on to Xfree86, something I really =
don't want since the server won't even have a monitor attached to it.
So my question is: Is there any easy to use editor that doesn't require =
Xfree86? something along the lines of emacs or the good old edit in =
MS-DOS...

Second question is:

Can I go directly on to the make world after CVSUP has successfully =
finished?

Best regards

Joel Bj=F6rk