Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 2010 16:46:35 +0000
From:      Michel Talon <talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: this is probably a little touchy to ask...

Jerry said:

> "Starting in Firefox 3.6, you also need the new Java plugin included in
> Java 6 Update 15 and above."

OK, this explains why my plugin doesn't work. So the only solution is to
use the port firefox35 hoping that other components (flash plugin
support) also work in this case.

> FreeBSD does not supply, nor support as far as I can decipher, that
> version or any of the newer versions, the latest being version 6, update
> 21. Nor, as I stated previously, has anyone stated definitively why.

It takes a long time for FreeBSD to support a new version of the jdk,
because this is an extremely voluminous and complicated software, and
the number of developers working on Java support is very small.

--

Michel TALON