Date:      Tue, 27 May 2014 22:20:02 GMT
From:      The BSD Dreamer <beastie@tardisi.com>
To:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/190152: [patch] [rc] gmirror savecore support

The following reply was made to PR conf/190152; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: The BSD Dreamer <beastie@tardisi.com>
To: Bug followup <bug-followup@freebsd.org>, paul@inetstat.net
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 17:13:55 -0500

 This sounds/looks similar to an issue I had reported as:

 docs/178818: gmirror(8) says to use rc.early which is no longer available

 Where there was a suggestion to handle it through the dumpon script, which I
 more recently found that the savecore script should have a corresponding mod
 as well.

 The timestamp on my current savecore is May 12th.  And, my system
 successfully saved crash dumps from May 11th and May 13th.

 The problem after the May 11th savecore, was that it didn't restore my
 balance setting.  I didn't look at the May 13th one....since I'm without a
 mirror now.  No panics since, perhaps that was the reason.

 --
    Name: Lawrence "The Dreamer" Chen    Call: W0LKC
   Snail: 1530 College Ave, A5          Email: beastie@tardisi.com