Date:      Sat, 25 Feb 2012 12:50:50 +0530
From:      Rajneesh Kumar <iwc2010005@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ARP module interaction

Hi,

I am working on ARP module of FreeBSD and want to modify it to suit my
needs.
I am trying to prevent ARP cache poisoning by a false reply reply packet.
For the same I referred "Rechard Steven's TCP/IP Illustrated vol.-2" to
understand how the modules interact and the purpose served by every
function. But the reference given in the book is very old and new kernel
does differ a lot. So I am in a soup now.
I want to understand the working of arpresolve() function in latest kernel.
Precisely in the old kernel arpresolve() used to call arplookup() and
arpwhohas(), but there is no such function called arplookup() or
arpwhohas() in the new kernel. So how those tasks are achieved now??
Any reference from where I can read would be appreciated.

Regards,
Rajneesh