Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 2021 00:13:58 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        Kurt Jaeger <pi@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: When will git be supported for ports?

On 2021-Apr-28, at 22:26, Kurt Jaeger <pi at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
>>> =
https://bsdimp.blogspot.com/2020/09/freebsd-subversion-to-git-migration.ht=
ml
>>=20
>> The https://github.com/bsdimp/freebsd-git-docs/ material
>> for git-why.md is still available via:
>>=20
>> =
https://github.com/bsdimp/freebsd-git-docs/commits/483527525db5cd7cf27141a=
2ca21059d9a3b158e/git-why.md
>>=20
>> It had commits on 2020-Oct-20, 2020-Dec-02, and 2020-Dec-03. So
>> it was updated a little from the 2020-Sep blog variant. The
>> changes may not be important. I've not gone through them.
>=20
> Thanks -- how did you find the commit hash / link and the dates ?

In a web browser I did the sequence:

Go to: https://github.com/bsdimp/freebsd-git-docs/
Click on "186 commits"
Click on the "<>" to the right of "72f477a"
(that skips past the 3ebc4f7 commit titled "git-why is obsolete")

Click on "git-why.md"

Note: at this point the most recent git-why.md document
version should be displayed.

Click on "History"

Note: at this point the history of the commits to the
document should be displayed, dates shown.

The hashes/links that I supplied were there to copy in
the web browser during this sequence, so that I what I
did to supply them.

>=20
> It's the old saying: Give a man a fish, so he will not be hungry
> for a day, teach him to fish and he will be fed for a livetime 8-}

I hope that the above proves of future use. But a
lifetime of complete meals? I doubt it . . .

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went