Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2018 19:13:58 +0000
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FCP-0101: Deprecating most 10/100 Ethernet drivers

On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 08:34:30AM -0700, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> What I am finding very bothersome at this point is that a great
> miss understanding has been conveyed onto the users by the
> statement that "core has discussed this and we plan to proceed
> as proposed"

I really don't understand why people don't assume good faith anymore.

I read it as "core has discussed setting up an FCP".

Warner could have just posted something to -current saying "I'm going
to delete these on xyz2019 unless they're updated to use iflib."  It
would have been a lot less work and stress on his part than trying
to do things The Right Way.

Having people look through every single word in every single post
looking for hidden meanings is one of the things that is absolutely
taking all the fun out of FreeBSD.  Frankly if I wanted to have
everything gone over with a fine-tooth-comb I'd go back into the
workforce.  tl;dr: no, thanks.  I liked the old "shut up and code"
days better.

ob. disclaimer: don't assume that Warner and I agree on much of anything,
but IMHO he's trying to go about things the right way this timee.

mcl