Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 2009 13:14:22 -0800
From:      Jeff Hamann <jeff.hamann@forestinformatics.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Where is gfortran in FreeBSD 7.2 Release (i386)?

I've been trying to figure out where gfortran went since it doesn't =
appear in the /usr/ports collection in FreeBSD 7.2 (i386).

I need it to build plots of numerical "things" and use the following =
lots:

./configure \
 CC=3D"gcc -arch i386" \
 CXX=3D"g++ -arch i386" \
 OBJC=3D"gcc -arch i386" \
 F77=3D"gfortran -arch i386" \
 FC=3D"gfortran -arch i386" \
 --with-python \
 --with-openssl=20

My web searches turn up lots of on-responses (i.e. you shouldn't be =
using fortran anway's it's dead...), and I seem to have gcc42 installed.

$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i386-undermydesk-freebsd
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.1 20070719  [FreeBSD]
$=20

A little help please?

Thanks,
Jeff.

Jeff Hamann, PhD
PO Box 1421
Corvallis, Oregon 97339-1421
541-754-2457
jeff.hamann[at]forestinformatics[dot]com
http://www.forestinformatics.com