Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 2004 19:26:57 +0200
From:      Joan Picanyol <lists-freebsd-ports@biaix.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   issues with ghostscript-afpl's Fontmap file

Hi,

While trying to setup apsfilter I decided that this error was something
to be looked at:

521,p3,0$ gs /usr/local/share/apsfilter/setup/test.ps
AFPL Ghostscript 8.14 (2004-02-20)
Copyright (C) 2004 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in get
Operand stack:
      hrsyr.gsf    0

I had already seen this many times, but my lazyness attributed it to
malformed pdfs. The error goes away if I remove
/usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts/Fontmap, or all the entries matching
'/ ', but I don't believe this is the right solution. Apparetnly,
something is wrong with the Fontmap installed regarding Heshrey fonts or
maybe it's GS_LIB or most likely I have no clue.

What's the right solution to this?

tks
--
pica