Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 08:27:30 -0600
From:      "DINKEY,GENE (HP-Loveland,ex1)" <gene_dinkey@hp.com>
To:        "'Sudhindra Bengeri'" <bengeri@torrentnet.com>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: booting single usr mode: / was not properly dismounted

You should boot the system up and do a fsck, this will go through and
attempt to verify data on the various slices.  It is wise to always make
sure your BSD system is shutdown properly.  After running the fsck do a:

shutdown -r now

to reboot the system.  It should come up and run another fsck, hopefuly the
drive problems will be correctedand the system will come up normaly.

Gene