Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:20:21 +0100 (CET)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        Nikola =?UTF-8?B?TGXEjWnEhw==?= <nikola.lecic@anthesphoria.net>
Cc:        "Heiko Wundram \(Beenic\)" <wundram@beenic.net>, FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what happened to linuxflashplugin?

> Agree here, but "open-source friendly" companies that promote the use
> of flash are much worse. As it seems to be, the reason why people want
> to use flash on FreeBSD is youtube in most of cases.

you don't need flash to view youtobe movies.

simply get URL from there, use youtube-dl from ports to download and play
with mplayer

possibly (my connection is to slow now to try realtime) you may do

mplayer `youtube-dl -g URL`

by the way you'll get better control of what's going on, and save
bandwidth by not downloading the movie every time, just once