Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2019 15:31:51 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Subject:   Re: Eliminating IPv6 (?)

Rodney W. Grimes writes:

>  > And god only knows how much will break once I've done that.  How many other
>  > people have tested -all- of the resulting binaries, seriously, on actual
>  > production systems?  (I may be the first one ever, at least for 12.0.)
>
>  I also agree here, running a WITHOUT_IPV6 userland is both very
>  painful to get built AND has issues that one does not need to face,
>  like I showed in another thread about netstat -6.

	Wider question:
	Say I'm running a system with both IPv4 and IPv6 enabled.
	Stuff Happens(tm) and I want to completely disable IPv6 for some
indefinite but temporary period - not chamge any configuration
settings or firewall rules, but just have the code finish processing
current packets (or not) and then ignore further traffic.  There will
be consequences; I'm prepared to accept them.
	Is there a single master switch - a sysctl, perhaps, or something
in /etc/rc.d - that lets me do that?

			Respectfully,

				Robert Huff