Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:10:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      tom brown <tmcb1971@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is the PAO install always this hard?

Hi,

I'll keep this short and sweet.

I've been using FreeBSD for 3 years and I would say I
am quite familiar with it.

I just made the mistake of trying to install in on a
Laptop.

Inially encoraged by the sucessful recognition of my
card I continued only to get some message about paobin
not being available from the main site.

So I try to change the site and pick up hte extra
components and ....... I can't unbelieveable!!!!!

Then I try to go back into the install and collect
them from the new session and I get a file transfer
erroe because the file system is full (not rw mounted
I'll bet!)....... unbelieveable !!!!

So I back off and try again from fresh (2hours later
that is!).  This time I select the pao site for the
full install and guess what....  I can't get the
bin's.

This is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll also bet that if I ever get the full sources etc
together on the same machine at the same time, it will
take be four days to get the card recognised.

I'm sure the technology all works but this is even
worse than trying to get windows to work properly.

Get your act together!!