Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:31:58 +0400
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd@codelabs.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        bug-followup@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/126853: ports-mgmt/portaudit: speed up audit of installed packages

--JP+T4n/bALQSJXh8

Good day.

A while ago I had created the new utility that serves as VuXML
filter for the installed packages:
  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dports/126853

My primary intention was to speed up the process of auditing the
vulnerable ports: I needed to run portaudit checks with Nagios and to
avoid large timeouts.

The new utility is called pkg_audit and it serves as a simple text
filter: on input it takes the full VuXML feed and on output it puts
VuXML entries that matches ports that are installed in the system with
port version specification substituted with the actual port versions.

No harm is done to the actual poartudit -- if pkg_audit is missing, old
code path is activated.

If someone is interested and will be able to test -- I am all ears.

Thanks!
--=20
Eygene
 \`.|\..----...-'`   `-._.-'_.-'`   #  Remember that it is hard
 /  ' `         ,       __.--'      #  to read the on-line manual  =20
 )/' _/     \   `-_,   /            #  while single-stepping the kernel.
     _.-'_./   {_.'   ; /           #    -- FreeBSD Developers handbook=20

--JP+T4n/bALQSJXh8

--JP+T4n/bALQSJXh8--