Date:      15 Jul 2003 15:29:25 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   HEADS UP: GNOME 1.4 Desktop is no longer in the tree

--=-YtRGk7WMR9mytdsGMwDB

Per my warning, I have removed the GNOME 1.4 desktop from the ports
tree.  All GNOME 1.4 libraries will remain, however.  This means GNOME
1.4 applications such as GnuCash will continue to work just fine.

Phase II of the GNOME 1.4 de-orbit burn will include hunting down ports
that use, for example, the GNOME 1.4 panel, and removing them or the
part of them that requires the panel.  After that, x11/libpanel will be
removed from the tree as well.

Joe

--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke