Date:      21 Jun 2001 12:15:48 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -fno-builtin warning (was: CPUTYPE warning)

Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org> writes:
> I think I've found the problem - what doesn't work is:
>
>  - building crt1.c with -fno-builtin
>  - building anything with gcc compiled with -fno-builtin

Ah, no, I understand now: crt1 is the first item to be built in the
"libraries" stage of buildworld, i.e. the first item to be built with
the cross-tools, which were built with -fno-builtin, so the problem
seems quite simple: gcc built with -fno-builtin suffers an "internal
error" and a core dump if you try to compile anything with it.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org