Date:      Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:20:14 -0500
From:      Bart Silverstrim <bsilver@chrononomicon.com>
To:        Martin Schweizer <info@pc-service.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to remote contact x server

On Mar 13, 2005, at 1:10 PM, Martin Schweizer wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've two X server: a client and a server. How I can contact from the
> client
> the server (I read some articles but did not find a solution)? I can
> successfully start X applications over SSH but I can't contact the
> xdm. What
> do I wrong?

What do you mean?  If you're starting the X app on the remote system
using X-forwarding with ssh, you're running a remote application using
the remote system's CPU and memory.  If you're trying to do something
like open a whole X session on the remote system like a remote
terminal, something like a "remote desktop", you'd probably need to
look into using something like VNC over SSH or something using XNest
may work.