Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:56:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Warren <shinjii@virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound Card Troubles

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Warren wrote:

> Im having a bit of difficulty in getting sound to work, due to the fact i have
> On-Board Sound as well as a Sound Card (PCI) .. im wanting to use both but
> being a lil new im unsure of hwo to procedd, could someone please point me in
> the right direction ?

What FreeBSD version? What hardware?

I've put a SB Live in a machine with onboard sound and both show up.  on
5.x you can use a sysctl to define which device /dev/audio, /dev/dsp, etc.
point to.  Of couse /dev/dsp0.0, /dev/dsp1.0, etc., are created so you can
access each card individually.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org