Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:53:11 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Josh <bsd@kajs.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Permanent apache patch

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 09:01:21PM +1200, Josh wrote:
>  Gidday there,
>=20
>  I have my own change to suexec in apache 2.0 from ports.
>=20
>  What I want to know is the best way to have my patch applied each time I=
=20
>  compile apache, without too much effort from me?

The best way is to get the patch added into the port, if the maintainer
is willing. :-)=20

>  Eg, say for the sake of example my patch is in /usr/local/src/foopatch/
>=20
>  How would I get the ports system to apply it each time I compiled apache?

Just put it in the files subdirectory under the port directory, just
before you build the port. Look at other patches to see from which
directory they are applied, and make yours match.

Unfortunately most port update tools will delete files that are not in
the master tree.=20

Roland
--=20

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND