Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 18:17:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Darren Henderson <darren@bmv.state.me.us>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw and dyn_buckets

A while ago I happened to have a situation where ipfw used up all of its
space for dynamic rules. So, I added the following to /etc/sysctl.conf

net.inet.ip.fw.dyn_buckets=512
net.inet.ip.fw.dyn_max=2000

Looking at sysctl -a | grep ip.fw  I see that dyn_buckets has been set to
512 and dyn_max has been set to 2000. However curr_dyn_bucets is at 256 and
its never seems to go over that. I've never seen a bucket number beyond 255
in an ipfw show listing.

Have tried doing this by hand, flushing ipfw's rules first with the same
result.

Is there something amiss with the dyn_buckets knob?